With their polished makeup, glitzy outfits, well-curated social media feeds and millions of adoring fans, it is difficult to see K-pop celebrities as one of us, regular human beings. Behind the curtains, however, these idols have to deal with societal pressures, personal struggles and problems that accompany fame and the public eye. Below, we take a look at Korean celebs who have struggled or are struggling with depression, anxiety and other mental health illnesses.
If you or anyone you know is facing mental health issues, please reach out to these hotlines below for help. Remember, you’re not alone and help is within reach.
• Samaritans of Singapore: 1800-221-4444 (24 hours)
• Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours)
• Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019
• Tinkle Friend (for primary school-aged children): 1800-274-4788
• Care Corner Counselling Hotline (Mandarin): 1800-353-5800