Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments following the release of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle's engagement photographs. The couple are so grateful for the warm and generous messages they have received during such a happy time in their lives. As a way to say thank you, they have decided to share this candid photograph from the day of their portrait sittings directly with all of you.
It's tradition for the father to walk the bride down the aisle, and more so for a royal wedding, which are usually sticklers for tradition, right?
Not so for the upcoming nuptials for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. In fact, he won't even be attending the wedding, which will be held at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, England.
After news broke of Thomas Markle, having allegedly staged paparazzi shots of himself which included getting measured for a suit, the 73-year-old has announced that he will be withdrawing from attending the wedding so as not to embarrass the royal family.
According to celebrity news website TMZ, Thomas Markle has pulled out of accompanying his daughter down the aisle at Windsor Castle because he does not want to embarrass her. “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding,” Kensington Palace, the official residence of the couple, said in a statement #MeghanMarkle #RoyalWedding #TEdit #TEditReports #TEditNews
On Sunday (May 13), Britain's Daily Mail had reported Markle agreeing to staged pictures with a photographer ahead of his trip, which had been sold to media for over US$100,000 (S$134,000).
According to TMZ, Markle admitted to the pictures, agreeing because he had hoped it would improve his image since earlier photos had shown him puchasing beer and looking dishevelled.
“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding,” Kensington Palace, the couple's official residence, said in a statement.
It is expected that Meghan Markle's mother Doria Ragland will be walking her down the aisle. Markle's parents are divorced.