Two days after Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao’s lavish star-studded Beijing wedding (the bride made her entrance on a boat!), the couple celebrated their union in Michelle’s home of Taiwan.
If their Beijing celebration was a glamorous and lavish affair (also see more pictures here), the Taiwanese banquet at the Hotel Mandarin Oriental Taipei felt a little more personal, with the couple’s family and friends (who included celebrities like Rainie Yang, Ady An and Kirsten Jen).
Michelle, who was said to have planned the Taiwanese banquet, showed off her good taste with a soft vintage romantic, flower-filled affair with crystal accents. The ballroom was transformed into a floral paradise with walls and walls of lush pastel blooms, including a dramatic ceiling structure that spanned the room. Even their foyer, where the couple took a few formal portraits, was covered in blooms.
The couple had several outfit changes – Michelle in a blush bustier gown with layered tulle skirt, Chen Xiao in a crisp black suit; a floor-length orange cheongsam for her and a white double-breasted suit for him; a knee-length lilac dress and him in a beige suit with lilac shirt, and knee-length maroon and black dress, as well as a patterned suit.
They exchanged touching declarations of love for one another onstage again, and revealed that they’ve found out the gender of their baby, and are looking forward to their expanded family.
Guests received luxurious favours that included Jo Malone fragrances, products from Kiehl’s, Godiva chocolates and a tea set.
More details of the couple’s relationship and wedding:
- Michelle Chen’s engagement news to co-star Chen Xiao
- More romantic details on the couple’s wedding
- Why Michelle Chen wanted to get married early
- How Chen Xiao proposed
- The couple’s wedding date announced
- Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao’s wedding photos revealed
- Why Michelle Chen agreed to marry Chen Xiao after dating for seven months
- When Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao registered their marriage in China
- A first look at their wedding photos for their Beijing wedding
- More pictures from their Beijing wedding
- Michelle Chen sailed on a boat to her wedding ceremony in Beijing
- celebrity marriage
- Chen Xiao
- drink tea to lose weight
- Hotel Mandarin Oriental Taipei
- Kirsten Jen
- Michelle Chen
- rainie yang
- return of the condor heroes
- what to do if you think your friend's boyfriend is bad for her
- You Are the Apple of My Eye