The post, which showed the couple proudly showing off their new certs, came with the caption, “we’re now three! Happy Birthday hubby!” This prompted speculation from fans that Michelle is pregnant.
The couple, who registered their marriage in Chen Xiao’s native China, have previously announced their intention to have two receptions in Taipei and Beijing.
On his 29th birthday, Chinese actor Chen Xiao married Taiwanese actress Michelle Chen in Hefei, eastern China and announced that they are having a baby, said NetEase website.
He posted photos of them and their marriage certificates on Weibo, with a message: “Starting today, you are my wife. Looking forward to the arrival of a new life!”
Michelle Chen, 33, reposted her husband’s message and added: “From now on we are three. PS happy birthday, my husband.”
They are said to be holding a wedding in Beijing on July 19 and a banquet in Taipei on July 21.
The couple fell in love after they played the lovers, Yang Guo and his mentor Xiao Long Nu, in the 2014-2015 adaptation of the Louis Cha tale.
The updated story was first published in The Straits Times.
More details of the couple’s relationship and wedding:
- Michelle Chen’s engagement news to co-star Chen Xiao
- More romantic details on the couple’s wedding
- Why Michelle Chen wanted to get married early
- How Chen Xiao proposed
- The couple’s wedding date announced
- Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao’s wedding photos revealed
- Why Michelle Chen agreed to marry Chen Xiao after dating for seven months
- A first look at their wedding photos for their Beijing wedding
- More pictures from their Beijing wedding
- Michelle Chen sailed on a boat to her wedding ceremony in Beijing
- All the details on Michelle Chen and Chen Xiao’s wedding in Taipei