Indonesian weddings tend to be lavish affairs but Wilma, 28 and Cameron, 29, wanted something different. She tells us:
“We’ve known each other for so long, the words “past, present and future”, which are engraved on my engagement ring, are the essence of our relationship.”
"The solemnisation was the highlight of the day, as we officially became husband and wife after the pastor blessed our union. It was the only time I cried. Other memorable moments included our friends’ speeches. We had 12 tables for dinner, and asked a few friends from each table, who were with us through different phases of our lives, to say a few words. Hearing their stories stirred great memories."
Guests welcomed the happy couple with sparklers.
The gorgeous dinner setting.
The theme was peppered with vintage-inspired decorations.
The cake was a delicious three-tiered strawberry tower with buttercream from the resort – and everyone had a slice.
THE BRIDE'S TOP TIPS
1. Plan at least a year in advance. Insist on face time with your vendors as it makes working with them a lot less stressful.
2. While others will offer opinions, make all decisions with your husband.
3. Read up on wedding etiquette. It will help you be a great host and give you tips on how to make sure guests are comfortable and have a good time.
4. Make sure you include tissue in your emergency beauty kit. Tears will happen, so it’s important to know how not to cry off all your beautiful makeup. Hold a tissue in each hand. Press them in the tear ducts and let the tears run into the tissue.
5. Stay calm and always smile. Most of all, pray and enjoy the ride.
Venue Astina Chapel and Chandra Surya Lawn at Ayana Resort and Spa, Bali in Indonesia
(Ria Kentjono and team, +62-361-702-222)
Wardrobe Wedding gown: Rusly Tjohnardi Atelier in Jakarta (+62-216-347-136); suits: Hugo Boss, Ngee Ann City (6735-0233) and Ted Baker, Ion Orchard (6238-8557)
Hair and makeup Lona Makeup in Bali (+62-813-3957-5757)
Photography and videography Photofactory Bali (Mamiek and team, +62-361-239-967)
Decor and wedding planner Bali Wedding Specialist (Paul Wirawan and team, www.baliweddingspecialist.com)
Special thanks to Pastors Tommy Elim and Gabriel Goh, Justine Chung for the flashback video, and our vendors. Also my aunt Aih Hetty for making most of the family dresses, and Yovita Senjaya as well as Erica Widharma, my matron and maid of honour. God for His unconditional love and blessing. And our families for their love, prayers and support.
Wilma & Cameron's wedding was first featured in Her World Brides March - May 2015. If you'd like to contribute to our real weddings section, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.