With renovation costs under $35k.
This five-room HDB BTO home was designed to look like a Scandinavian-style cafe-inspired home. The young couple engaged the help of interior design firm Fineline, who suggested a palette of white and wood-look finishes for a warm ambience yet bright interior. Taking advantage of the space available next to the bomb shelter, a study nook was created and tucked cosily at this corner. This way, it allows more space for the adjacent living room too. The homeowners also wanted more storage so the designers built a feature wall complete with compartments framed with white powdercoated steel. See also: 5 SUPER STYLISH NEW CAFES THAT ARE #INTERIORGOALS FOR YOUR MARITAL HOME Part of the brief was also to create an open-concept kitchen. The wall between the kitchen and living room was hacked, with an island now sitting between the spaces. White subway tiles frame the kitchen area while ambient lighting exudes a warm and cosy atmosphere. See also: 7 INTEGRATED OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN IDEAS FOR YOUR NEW FLAT To ensure a uniform look throughout, the colour palette remains consistent across various parts of the home. For an eye-catching feature, the wall behind the bed is cladded in mosaic tiles to showcase an intricate display of patterns. With renovation costing $35,000, this cafe-style five-room HDB home was everything the couple wanted in their new apartment. See also: HOW MUCH WOULD YOU SPEND ON YOUR HOME RENOVATION? This story was first published in Home and Decor.
Latest in Weddings
- /12 real brides who nailed the casual chic wedding look
- /Justin Bieber and model Hailey Baldwin reportedly engaged a month after dating!
- /This couple's garden-themed ballroom wedding had 800 guests, a mambo dance session & flash mob!
- /Justin Biebier has confirmed the engagement! But Hailey Baldwin won't be marrying him unless...
- /7 things to know about the late President and Mrs Wee Kim Wee's 69-year marriage
- /Love is colour blind - interracial marriages in Singapore on the rise