Getting your pals and relatives to contribute to your wedding, or to help with your wedding prep, not only saves you money but it also adds a more personal, and meaningful element to your celebrations. But you will need to get the right people to help out with the appropriate tasks. Besides the usual friends and relatives who can help with the photography, here are some people you can approach:
– A close friend, or friends, can be your emcee or host for the night. Get someone who is outgoing with a great sense of humour.
– Borrow a friend’s fancy car or limousine and if he is willing, he can also be the chauffeur for the day!
– Get your guests to help film different moments of your wedding day with their mobile phones. If you have a friend who has experience in editing, you can get him to edit all the different segments into a cohesive whole. If not, try any of the online editing apps and create your very own bridal video – it may not be slick-ly produced but the awkward moments and unpolished scenes can be touching and funny; and everyone will love to contribute to the end result.
– With more people taking up baking these days, do you know anyone who is a keen baker and can help create your wedding cake or contribute yummy desserts for the lunch reception?
– Anyone you know who loves arranging flowers and can help with simple floral decor for your reception table. She/he can also create your bridal bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages as well.
– Do you know any friend or relative who loves music and shares similar musical tastes as you? They could help create a playlist for the different events on your wedding day. If they have some experience as a musician or DJ, that’s even better!
– Even though most of us live in high-rise flats, if you have a close friend who lives in a house with a beautifully landscaped garden or green space, ask if you can use it for your solemnisation ceremony or lunch reception. Alternatively, if a friend or relative who lives in a chic condominium with beautiful surroundings and a lovely function hall or room they can book for your celebrations, that would be nice, too.
– Anyone you know who’s a graphic designer or have a talent/ interest designing can help with your wedding stationery and invites as well.
– As mentioned before, if you like or admire a particular friend’s hair and makeup, you can ask her help with your wedding day beauty. Just keep it simple and pretty and try not to be too adventurous or experimental.