Pretty and practical, you need a ball of paper twine (Daiso stocks them), tissue paper (the kind clothing stores use to wrap purchases) and a roll of washi tape to make this.
What to do:
1. Measure, and cut a length of twine that’s long enough to go around the box. With that as the sample length, cut the number of strings you need from the ball of twine.
2. Cut tissue paper into small squares; the size depends on how big you want the flower. Our tissue squares are 12x12cm.
3. Fold a square into half, and half again. Fold the now-smaller square into half, diagonally.
4. You should have a perfect triangle where the base side is sealed off; one side has all the folded edges, and the other, open edges. Trim the open-edged side with a pair of serrated scissors.
5. Unfold square, make a hole in the centre and thread one end of a twine string through. Pinch tissue and twine together and the paper should close in to form a flower-like shape. Wrap a bit of washi tape around the base of the tissue flower and string to hold them in place. Do the same for the other end of the string.
6. Tie the box with the string. Or, use it to go around your wrapped box; twist flower heads until string tightens and stays in place.