First, a stray observation: Mae Tan’s posh pad is positively spilling over with the swankiest swag – her Hermes haul is strung up on her wall like so many bargain buys.
This rather revealing if amusing anecdote is my circuitous way of saying that the chick is too cool for convention – she is, after all, the official “unofficial” face of louche labels like Off White and Christian Dada. (Check her credentials on social media; #gurlfriend has swagger in spades.)
Which brings us back to beauty. Our provocative poster child for slouchy rich kids in Singapore was a fantastic fit for a makeover by maquillage master Eunice, Urban Decay Singapore’s national makeup artist. I mean, lacquered lips with a greenish black gleam? Come on.
Yes, we’re well aware that pitch-dark puckers can teeter all too easily into full-on Morticia Addams cosplay, but Eunice flirted right to the very edge of tacky territory by skillfully balancing the murky malachite hue of Mae’s mouth with the incredible incandescence of her skin – the idea here is to create a titillating textural contrast between the luminous lustre of her skin and the decadent darkness of the lippie. Genius!
Speaking of skin, there are a ton of top tricks to be gleaned here, starting with Urban Decay’s covetable collection of colour correctors, which are available in an array of precision-engineered pigments to reduce redness and diminish discolouration. Must try!
Then there’s the breathtakingly beautiful brightening palette she uses towards the end that’s one of the best on the market for my money. Simply swipe and swirl together along your cheekbones to draw attention to the middle of your face; dot on your cupid’s bow to give your puckers a poutier appearance; and finish with a dab in the middle of your chin. The glimmering effect as light falls on your face will mask fatigue and imbue it with a hypnotic “halo” effect that’s exquisite in the extreme. (Mae should know; our videographers had to leave her many exclamations of excitement on the cutting room floor.)
But enough prattling on from yours truly. Click “play” on the video above – multiple times if you may, please – and have fun painting the town black!
P.S. Mae’s magnificent mane was managed by wig whiz Rina from the L’Oréal Professionnel-affiliated The Comb salon – and yes, those shiny strands come courtesy of expertly executed extensions. Now you know!
Want more? Spritz, slather and scrub yourself to a fabulously fine finish with these beauty tips I bet you haven’t heard of before, and check out these tried-and-tested “sleeping aids” to fend off fatigue for softer and smoother skin, even if you’re running on empty. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- best creamy lipsticks
- best eyeshadow palettes
- best liquid cream highlighters
- excessively rich kids of singapore
- how to apply highlighter on asian skin
- how to save on your wedding banquet
- how to wear dark lipstick
- mae tan singapore
- mae tan singapore influencer
- mae tan surrender store
- off white singapore
- richest kids in singapore
- Sephora Singapore
- surrender store singapore
- teddy park
- teddy park
- the comb salon singapore
- top singapore fashion labels
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Chaos
- Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liners
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Colour Correctors
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Illuminated Trio
- Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay Perversion Fine Point Pen
- urban decay sephora singapore
- Urban Decay Vice Lip Palette
- Urban Decay Vintage Lipsticks