Photo: Darren Chang Art Direction & Styling: Diane Ng
For the crust:
15 digestive biscuits
60g butter, melted
For the filling:
950g cream cheese, softened
300g castor sugar
180ml fresh milk
4 large eggs
200g full-fat sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
30g all-purpose flour
For the toppings:
15-20 whole strawberries
½ punnet blueberries
A few mint leaves
Icing sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 175 deg C. Grease a 23-cm round springform pan with butter.
2. In a food processor, blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs. Or seal them in a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the crumbs with the butter until evenly moist. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the milk and mix well.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until just incorporated. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and flour, and mix until smooth.
6 Transfer the filling to the pan and bake for 1 hour. Then turn the oven off and leave the cake to cool in it, with the door closed, for 5-6 hours. This prevents it from cracking.
7 Arrange the berries and mint leaves on the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar.