With National Day just around the corner, take this fun quiz and find out just how loud and proud a Singaporean you are!
Do you know your favourite Singaporean drinks and as well
as you think you do? Try this quiz to find out! Image: Corbis
1. Teh-Cino, Milo Dinosaur and Kopi-O are…
a) local beverages
b) cartoon characters
c) local brands
2. Which of the following are National Day songs?
a) Home, Count On Me Singapore, Fried Rice Paradise
b) Home, Count On Me Singapore, Under One Roof
c) Home, Count On Me Singapore, Together
3. If you find a packet of tissue on a seat/ table in a food court/ hawker centre, it means…
a) the seat/table is reserved
b) someone left it behind – free tissue paper!
4. There is a long queue of people but you don’t know what is it for. What do you do?
a) Walk on
b) Ask someone in the queue what are they queuing for and decide if it’s worth joining the queue
c) Join the queue immediately; there must be something free at the end of it!
5. Which two words send diners at hawker centres and coffee shops running?
a) “Free drinks!”
b) “It’s raining!”
c) “Traffic Police!”
6. When someone vacates a seat on the bus or MRT, do you pat on it a few times before sitting down?
7. When you see a group of people wearing green vests and picking up litter in the parks, they are…
a) park rangers
b) people who have been caught littering and are serving a penalty called Corrective Work Order (CWO)
8. URA, CNB and BMT stand for
a) Urban Renovation Act, Chinese National Board, Bukit Merah Terminal
b) Urban Redevelopment Authority, Central Narcotics Bureau and Basic Military Training
c) United Redevelopment Authority, Central Nation Building, Bureaucratic Media Toolkit
9. What did your husband say when he proposed to you?
a) “Will you marry me?”
b) “Want to buy a flat?”
c) “Let’s elope.”
10. Will you travel across the island just to try a popular local dish, even though there is a stall selling a similar dish in your neighbourhood?
a) No, of course not.
b) Yes! Die, die must try!
WHAT’S YOUR SCORE?
1. (a) 2, (b) 0, (c) 1
2. (a) 1, (b) 0, (c) 2
3. (a) 2, (b) 1, (c) 0
4. (a) 0, (b) 1, (c) 2
5. (a) 1, b) 0 c) 2
6. (a) 2 , (b) 0
7. (a) 0, (b) 2, (c) 1
8. (a) 1, (b) 2, (c) 0
9. (a) 1, (b) 2, (c) 0
10. (a) 0, (b) 2
16-20: Congratulations! You’re a true-blue Singaporean, lah!
10-15: Don’t worry, a few more trips to your local coffee shop should improve your score.
< 10: Are you sure your IC is pink?
This article was originally published in SimplyHer August 2011.
- buy a flat
- Central Narcotics Bureau
- Corrective work order
- hawker centre
- how Singaporean are you
- long queue
- Milo Dinosaur
- MRT seat
- National Day
- National Day songs
- pack of tissue
- Singapore drinks
- singapore food
- teh peng
- teh si
- traffic police
- Under One Roof
- United Redevelopment Authority