Beef and potatoes
By Antonio Massagli, executive chef of Buttero
400g baby potatoes
8 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped
4 tsp chopped garlic
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 stalk sage, chopped
500g topside beef, sliced
25ml red wine
1. Place the potatoes in a pot and fi ll with enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for 15min.
2. Remove potatoes from the pot, peel and place in a mixing bowl. Add the rosemary, 2 tsp garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash into a chunky mix and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sage, 2 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow the beef to marinate for 10min.
4. Saute the beef over high heat for 2-3min.
5. Add the red wine, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 1min until the red wine is reduced.
6. Portion the potato mix into 4 plates and top with beef.
This story was originally published in Simply Her July 2015.