COORDINATION Lim Tsiao Hui PHOTOGRAPHY Frenchescar Lim ART DIRECTION & STYLING Nikki Ho
GREEK-STYLE BROWN RICE GRATIN
By cookbook author Mayura Mohta
1½ cups cooked brown rice
2 cups spinach, finely chopped
1½ cups firm tofu, crumbled
6 black olives, chopped
1 medium red onion, diced
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 large eggs
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp feta cheese, for garnishing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rice, spinach, and tofu.
3. Reserve some of the olives, onions and pine nuts to garnish later, and add the rest to the rice mixture. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Mix in ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and salt together. Fold the eggs into the rice mixture, and transfer to a baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 30min, until the top is golden.
6. Remove from the oven and top with feta cheese, if using, and the olives, onions and pine nuts set aside earlier.
This article was first published in Simply Her September 2015.