Yum Seng cocktail
Recipe courtesy of and Halia and Gardens Shop at Singapore Botanic Gardens
½ tbsp Orchid Red Tea*
50ml lemon juice
45ml Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum**
3 orchid petals (optional)
*Orchid Red Tea is available from the Gardens Shops at the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
**Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum is available at liquor stores like www.liquorbar.sg and www.whiskymarketplace.sg.
*** Grenadine is a pomegranate-based syrup that is commonly used for cocktails. It is available at the liquor section of major supermarkets.
1. Add the Orchid Red Tea to the lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1-1 ½min.
2. Strain the tea mixture and allow to cool.
3. Add 30ml of the tea mixture and the rum into shaker. Fill with ice, then shake.
4. Fill a tall glass halfway with crushed ice.
5. Using a cocktail strainer, pour the cocktail over the ice.
6. Add remaining crushed ice to form a peak.
7. Drizzle grenadine over the ice, especially near the rim of the glass. Garnish with the orchid petals.
This cocktail is served at Halia at Singapore Botanic Gardens from July 1 to August 31.