Photography DARREN CHANG Art Direction & Styling NIKKI HO
KUROBUTA PORK KONG BA BAO
By chef Shermay Lee
1 tbsp cooking oil 300g pork belly, thickly sliced into 6cm-wide and 1.5cm-thick pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp good quality dark soya sauce
8 pieces man tou, steamed
1. Heat a wok over high heat until it is smoking hot. Add the oil, then the pork belly, and sear over high heat for 3min.
2. Lower to medium heat and add the garlic and sugar. Stir-fry the meat until it is coated evenly with sugar.
3. Add the soya sauce and stir-fry for another 2min.
4. Add the water, simmer uncovered for about 1 to 2 hours, until the sauce has thickened and the meat is tender.
5. Serve with steamed man tou.
The Kurobuta Pork Kong Ba Bao is served at the Singapore Heritage Afternoon Tea by Shermay Lee at Clifford Pier at The Fullerton Bay Hotel.
This story was originally published in the digital edition of Simply Her May 2015.