Our take on this Italian favourite doesn’t have a drop of alcohol so kids can enjoy it, too. This dessert recipe serves four.
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
¼cup white sugar
250g Polenghi Mascarpone
16 Cantreau Boudoirs
250ml instant coffee
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Beat the yolks with sugar until smooth and pale yellow.
- Fold in the mascarpone and set aside.
- Lightly crush the Boudoir biscuits and divide into four glasses, pressing down to create a layer of biscuit at the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the coffee over the biscuit layer, distributing it evenly among the four glasses.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture over the coffee layer. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the top.
- Chill overnight before serving. Garnish with cold, sliced strawberries for a dash of sweetness and colour.
This article was originally published in SimplyHer August 2011, Singapore.