What Airbnb has forever changed in the hospitality sector: giving vacationers flexibility and the experience of living and hanging like the locals.
That’s why Kesa House has a great location at the heart of the action at 55 Keong Saik Road. Right across the street is the well-loved Potato Head Folk burger shack and rooftop bar. Opposite are Teck Lim Road’s Nicolas Le Restaurant for French fine dining and one-Michelin-starred Burnt Ends for Australian barbecue fare.
“Kesa House allows guests to completely immerse themselves in the entrepreneurial and creative communities of Singapore, while providing comfortable and versatile spaces to work and relax in,” says Ashish Manchharam, 40, founder and managing director of 8M Collective, which also owns Ann Siang House and Base Residences.
That’s also why the space is designed like a modern home offering various options for how you want your staycation, week-long or month-long stay to be.
• Four types of rooms are available: Cosy (compact, for stopovers); Urban (with a street view), Sky (loft-style with sky panels); and Entertain (with an outdoor terrace).
• The experience: The staff interact with guests much like how an Airbnb host would, providing recommendations on places of interest, dining establishments, jogging routes and even where to get a decent manicure.
• Social spaces: An outdoor terrace gives you that “I’m in my home garden” vibe; the communal kitchen is for when you prefer to cook; and the premises also house four restaurants and two bars.
• Housekeeping: The frequency can be customised for a more environmentally-conscious and cost-effective stay.
• Complimentary 24/7 in-house launderette – for long-term guests.
This story was first published on Her World’s June 2019 issue.