11/2 cup Rice, washed and drained
1 packet Zhi Ke Tang Mix, simmer with 1.5 litres of water for 1 hour
250 grams Pork, cut to thin slices
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 dash Black Pepper, to taste
6 pieces Shitake Mushroom, julienned for garnishing
1. Prepare the Zhi Ke Broth by simmering items from the package with the pork in water for 1 hour.
2. Sieve and set aside 3/4 cups.
3. Dump all the ingredients (except the garnish) into the rice cooker. Turn it on and stir occasionally until congee is smooth and no longer grainy.
4. Add more water/broth is necessary.
5. Sprinkle with black/white pepper, a few drops of sesame oil and chopped scallions just before serving.