Photo Zaphs Zhang Art Direction & Styling Diane Ng
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMPS WITH QUINOA
Recipe by Diana Loo, founder of Drool Cook Club
200ml chicken stock
50g red bell peppers, finely diced
1 stalk parsley, finely chopped
20g salted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
300g shrimps, shell removed with tail intact (about 10 medium shrimps)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 lemon, juiced and zested
A pinch of salt
A dash of pepper
60g roasted cashew nuts, coarsley chopped
- To prepare the quinoa, combine the stock and water in a pot and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa, cover the pot, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender. It should still be a little crunchy. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5min before draining off excess stock.
- Fluff with a fork, then toss with the diced bell peppers and half of the chopped parsley.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick saucepan set over medium high heat. Add the chopped red onions and saute until soft, about 5min. Add the minced garlic and saute for another minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the shrimps and chili powder. Sprinkle with lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper to taste. Cook the shrimps until it is pink and no longer translucent.
- To serve, transfer the cooked quinoa onto serving plates and top with the shrimps. Garnish with chopped cashew nuts and the remaining chopped parsley.