1 whole turkey
30g brown sugar
2 green apples, cut into 0.5cm cubes
1 stalk celery, cut into 0.5cm cubes
1 carrot, cut into 0.5cm cubes
80g shallots, cut into 0.5cm cubes
100g white button mushrooms, cut into 0.5cm cubes
100g shitake mushrooms, cut into 0.5cm cubes
150g bread crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ginger (3cm knob), peeled and shredded
50g roasted pine nuts
100g roasted chestnuts
50g seeded dates
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg Celsius.
2. Melt sugar in a pan. Add apple cubes and caramelised. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, melt butter and pan fry celery, carrots, shallots and mushroom. Then add apples, bread crumbs, beaten eggs, ginger, pine nuts, chestnuts, dates and salt and pepper.
4. Clean the turkey and pierce a skewer through the legs to hold them together. Stuff pan-fried ingredients into the turkey and use a skewer to secure.
5. Place on a roasting tray and put in the oven. Roasting takes approximately 1 hour per kg.
Read more: 6 gourmet supermarkets to buy turkey, ham, cheese and more for a perfect Christmas party
Read more: VIDEO RECIPE: Make this easy beef rendang shepherd’s pie for your Christmas party
Read more: 6 cheap and good Christmas hams to buy
Read more: RECIPE: Make these 5 festive cocktails for your Christmas party