Hate them or love them, there’s no denying that the nuptials of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West is the #weddingofthecentury. It was no surprise that the world and world wide web was lapping up every single detail leaked through the ever reliable Instagram about the extravagant weekend that Kimye got wed. This wedding will eclipse all weddings, including Kardashian’s previous very expensive – and short-lived – one to Kris Humphries.
Like everyone else, I kept up with the Kardashians the best I could. Here’s a checklist of details everyone needs to know about the Kimye wedding weekend. You don’t want to be left out, do you?
• Everyone thought the reality show star and rapper were going to get hitched in the city of lights. Ha! The pair had grander plans than that. Kardashian did paint the Effiel Tower red with her girlfriends for her bachelorette’s party – I wonder whether she returned the gifts from her last hen’s?
• The designer Valentino hosted a pre-wedding brunch for the label-loving duo at his own Chateau de Wideville.
• Kimye pulled out the stops for their rehearsal dinner at the Palace of Versailles. What do you mean they aren’t royals? There were fireworks too, OK?
• But the whirlwind circus of festivities would culminate in Italy, in Florence. At the Forte de Belvedere, against a backdrop of a wall of flowers, Kimye became one.
• The rapper left most of the entertaining to Lana del Rey who sang at the rehearsal dinner while Andrea Bocelli performed at the actual wedding, although West did take over the reception with some live rapping.
• The bride wore Givenchy. So did the groom and their child, North. Kimye’s best designer friend Riccardo Tisci designed a custom Givenchy gown for Kardashian and although we haven’t seen any other official pictures of the dress yet except the one released by People Magazine, we hear it was Gorgeous. But of course.
• Speaking of designers, Tisci attended. So did Balmain’s Olivier Rousteing, Lanvin’s Alber Elbaz and Alexander Wang. John Legend and Jaden Smith were also in attendance, along with the Kardashian-Jenner clan. However, noted absences were Jay-Z and Beyonce and Kardashian’s little brother Rob. Now, what happened to talk of Jay-Z being his bestie’s best man?