The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the global economy badly, and jobseekers are bearing the brunt of this pressure.
We spoke to a recruiter, Cynthia, who sheds some light on valuable tips that will guide you through this gloomy period, no matter which stage of your job hunt you are stuck at.
Cynthia is a passionate talent acquisition specialist who has 8 years of recruitment experience under her belt. She is currently driving talent acquisition at Publicis Sapient, recruiting for SEA and Japan markets. She has experience in digital recruiting across APAC for Oracle, American Express and Kelly Services.
If you’ve been feeling frustrated as of late, here are some actionable suggestions to get you up and running.
Which Of The 5 Stages Of The Hiring Journey Are You Stuck At?
We have identified the 5 most common stages that candidates are finding themselves stuck at right now. No matter where you are, there are tips and insights on how to make it work for you, so do not give up just yet!
1. I was shortlisted and interviewed, but have not heard back
2. I received an offer with a lower salary. Will taking this up impact my career progression?
3. My offer got rescinded / The company I interviewed for told me they are no longer hiring. What can I do now?
4. I am still hunting for jobs, but haven’t found one even after applying for 100+ jobs.
5. I am considering giving up and waiting it out for the right opportunity. Should I do that?