How clean is your house? You might think it’s 99.9% germ-free since you clean it every day, but there might be some spots you’ve missed.
We chatted with paramedic turned cleaning company owner Johnson Zhuo and found out more about the little things we often overlook when we clean our home that are actually crucial.
Things to note:
– Make sure high touch areas are frequently cleaned and disinfected as an important precaution to lower the risk of infection.
– Follow cleaning product instructions for safe and effective use, including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation.
– If a surface is dirty or stained, first clean it with soap or detergent and water. Then use a disinfectant product to wipe down the areas.
– Do not wipe cleaning solutions off as soon as you’ve applied it to a surface. Do allow some time for the disinfectant to stay wet on the surface for several minutes in order for it to be effective.
– Make sure to read the directions to make sure you’re using the products as recommended and to avoid damaging sensitive items such as mobile phones, furniture and other electronic devices. Consider using wipeable covers for electronics
Also remember to take care of the small areas that we tend to forget because, ironically, those are the areas we use the most. Here are the top six area that we tend to overlook:
And of course, not forgetting all the household’s items that has high frequency usage (door knobs, cupboard/furniture handles, phone, etc) it is advisable to clean and wipe with disinfectant at least 2 times a day, start of the day, mid-day during this period before we find a vaccine for Covid-19. And do remember it is still important to wash your hands with soap at least 20 seconds before meal and after meal.