6 Best Do-It-All Lipsticks to Bring on Your Holiday gallery
1. Chanel Rouge Coco Flash, $52, in 27 shades, from Chanel boutiques and counters
This buttery lipstick melts on application to give intense colour payoff and shine. It also keeps lips hydrated with a blend of plant butter and oils. You’ll have to reapply it after your meal, but if you’re skilled enough, you won’t even need a mirror as the lipstick glides on so intuitively.
2. Lancome Mademoiselle Shine, $47, in 15 shades, from Lancome boutiques and counters, and Sephora
With the brand’s signature ingredient proxylane, this lipstick helps keep lips hydrated and smooth. It also gives lips a healthy tint so you won’t have to reapply after meals, if you don’t want to. But if you do, you won’t need a mirror either, because it’s so smooth and easy to apply.
3. Hera Sensual Tint, $43, in 10 shades from Hera’s Takashimaya D.S. counter and its boutique at #B2-37 Ion Orchard
This gives intense colour payoff in a creamy finish that doesn’t feel drying, and also tints your lips so you won’t have to reapply so often.
4. YSL Beaute Volupte Liquid Color Balm, $54, in 15 shades, from YSL Beaute boutiques and counters
This gives full colour and a comfortable (not sticky) shine that lasts through at least half the day. It’s also enriched with natural coconut water and antioxidant-rich pomegranate extract to keep your puckers conditioned. We like the subtle tint and the fruity fragrance too.
5. Sisley Le Phyto Rouge, $68, in 20 shades, from Sisley counters
This lipcare lipstick doesn’t just moisturise lips, it can even heal chapped lips (yes, we’ve tried it) thanks to its Hydrobooster complex that is made up of hyaluronic acid and konjac glucomannans. Plus, the colour payoff is intense, so it’s perfect for those who find that tinted lip balms are not bold enough, and lipsticks are not comfortable enough.
6. Etude House Better Lips-Talk, $18.90, in 60 shades, from Etude House
This lipstick comes in two finishes, velvet matte and regular (30 shades each). The former is long-lasting and doesn’t flake, even by mid-day, while the latter feels a bit more comfortable on lips. The formula gives intense colour payoff with one swipe, and with 60 shades to choose from, you’ll likely be able to find the perfect shade that you can wear, day to night, that will be fuss-free on your travels.