Have you ever considered how your masturbation sessions fit into your wider self-love routine? After all, our sexual wellbeing is just as important as our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, least because it can positively contribute to all three.
Or maybe you have your masturbation routine down; know exactly what you like and follow the same pattern to achieve your pleasure. These habitual steps can make us feel confident and more familiar with our bodies, whilst sticking to fixed techniques or positions allow us to recognise changes in them.
To recap, the idea of a masturbation routine can be defined in two ways;
- The regularity of our self-love practice (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Our accustomed pleasure formula
Both interpretations leave us with something to think about, so sexual wellness brand Smile Makers polled their Instagram community about their self-loving. 38% who answered felt they had a masturbation routine, whilst the other 62% said not really. Be it part of a self-care regimen, or the ways we pleasure ourselves over and over again; the practice is meant to explore sexual enjoyment and help us deconstruct a performative approach to sex.
Here’s what they learnt from the community.