Coveting the perfectly plump puckers of your fave K-Drama starlets (or Kylie Jenner for that matter, if you’re so inclined)? The trick to snagging their smackers is copy the modus operandi for their mouth is to reach for a refreshing raspberry – that is, a little more on the pink side of the spectrum – and choose a light liquid gloss in lieu of matte and flat formulas.
Of course, lip glosses are far from long-lasting – their impermanence is made all the more glaring compared to the well-nigh budge-proof modern matte liquid lippies that are all the rage in the beauty world these days. Be as that may, stretching out a tube of your favourite lip lacquer, especially in this era of economic duress, is always a useful hack to master.
The trick is to layer, layer and then layer once more – two coats should give you a flirty flush that’s really rather fetching; three or more will very nearly approach the solid intensity of a creamy lippie.
Once you’re satisfied, blot softly with a sebum-absorbing sheet of tissue – the oils in glossy formulas are the main culprits of colour slippage. Voila! A Goldilocks-esque stain that hits the sweet spot between wet and matte, with the added joy of being long-lasting to boot. Well, long-lasting in lip gloss terms, anyway.
On to product recommendations. There are literally thousands of suitors vying for your attention on the aisles, so I’ve taken the liberty to highlight a couple that I’m particularly partial to. As always. don’t be ashamed of swatching copiously at the cabin – and only settle for a satiny shade that you think looks good on you.
But enough prattling on from yours truly. Click through the gallery slides above for a sweet selection of the prettiest pink glosses, and #HappyShopping!
Image illustration: Sharmaine Khor.
Want more? Check out my personal pick of the most luxuriously lightweight lotions that work like a dream under makeup for protection against the aggressive assaults of our clammy climate, as well as this ingenious pore-shrinking and face-slimming trick that’ll give you virtually instant Insta-ready skin. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- 3CE Water Gloss in Switch On
- beauty review
- beauty tips
- Benefit Cosmetics Hervana Ultra Plush
- best lip gloss for asian skin tones
- best non-sticky lip gloss
- best pink lip gloss
- best pink lipstick
- Burberry Kisses Gloss in Fondant Pink No.33
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Red Berry
- Dior Rouge Brillant in 468 Bonheur
- Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment in Sugar Tulip Shine
- Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire in 060 Rose Ribbon
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Fortune
- how to freshen tired skin
- how to make lip gloss last longer
- Lancome Shine Lover in 321 BC-Beige
- Laneige Intense Lip Gel in No. 1 Rosy Nude
- lip oil beauty trend
- Make Up For Ever Arti
- makeup review
- Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight
- Sephora Singapore
- Shu Uemura Laque Supreme in PK04
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Sugar Pink
- Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild
- Urban Decay Revolution High Colour Lipgloss in Failbait
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Volupte Tint-in-Oil in 5 Cherry My Cherie