Here’s a makeup maxim worth memorising: Dusty is divine. A dusting of a beguiling brownish blush on your cheeks will suffuse your complexion with a coquettish hint of a tint that’s simultaneously sexy and subtle.
Even better, this powdery petal-inspired pigment is pretty much universally flattering – it sits at the intriguing intersection between warm and cool, and so affords us beauty buffs plenty of wiggle room to play around with.
Indeed, I’ve found to my delight that dusty pink-anything works like a dream with my pale colouring. This sublime stunner of a shade is just about the only colour capable of breathing life and light into my skin – better at fending off pallor and pastiness than snatching forty winks, in my opinion.
Now for a nifty little insider secret. A great trick I deploy whenever I’m in need of an emergency daytime pick-me-up is to use a blusher in said shade as a highlighter along the highest plane of my cheekbones. The warmth permeates my face with a gorgeous glimmer, sans garish glitter – sort of like having a steady stream of sunlight trained on your face 24/7. No one will be able to tell!
Application-wise, conventional wisdom prevails. Swirl your dusty pink blusher onto a brush – go easy, because you don’t want to be picking up too much product – then start from the middle of the cheekbones, somewhere below the pupils of your eyes. Sweep the colour out and upwards towards your temples, then blend at the edges for a soft halo effect. Dial up the drama for night by sweeping on another layer or three. Easy.
Right, then. Earmark a dusty pink blusher as your new everyday essential, and good luck getting your blush face on!
Scroll through my suggestions in the gallery slides above – they’re compact and convenient, not to mention incredibly intuitive to use. #HappyShopping!
Illustration: Sharmaine Khor.
Want more? Cop an eyeful of all my top tricks for the most dynamic depuffing action on your eyelids, and load up on these pre- and post-colouring hair advice before taking the plunge and lightening your locks. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- 3CE Face Blush in May Be
- beauty review
- beauty tips and tricks
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Camellia
- best blusher colour for all skin tones
- best eye creams for all skin types
- best powder cream blusher
- celeb break up
- how to apply blusher on asian face shapes
- how to contour face with blusher
- Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow Duo in Pravella/ Janelle
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Desired Glow
- Laneige Pure Radiant Blush in 5
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Bloom
- M.A.C Cosmetics Powder Blush in Ambering Rose
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush Second Skin Cream Blush in 320 English Rose
- makeup review
- makeup tips and tricks
- makeup tutorial
- Nars Blush in Amour
- net-a-porter beauty singapore
- Orbis Natural Fit Cheek in Rose
- Sephora Colorful Blush in 02 So Shy!
- Sephora Singapore
- skincare tips and tricks
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in La Vie en Rose 3
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Score
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Blush Volupte Heart of Light in 02 Seductrice