Up close and personal with your new skin saviour
Ladies, meet Mr Ceramide, the cosmetics champ you probably never knew existed. Here’s why this intriguing ingredient is the one to watch. Ceramides are said to be anti-aging, anti-acne and anti-eczema – essentially an all-in-one superhero that’s gentle enough for use on tender and troubled post-procedural skin.
Interest piqued? Let’s break it down. A blanket term for a bunch of fatty acids lining the skin, ceramides are, as their “ceramic” connotations suggest, a crucial component of the skin’s scaffolding – sort of like the bricks making up a wall.
What this means is that ceramides are incredibly important in staving off the sags and bags of age – indeed, studies show that there’s a precipitous slump in ceramide production once you hit your 30s. The implication? Without brick-and-mortar ceramides propping up your face, the rapidly crumbling foundation betrays itself in the form of brittle skin, fine lines and such.
What else can it do?
Well, now that we’ve established that ceramide levels correlate with a bouncy, baby-faced mien, it turns out the soothing substance is also superb for alleviating acne. And because it does double duty as moisture magnets for the skin, ceramide has also shown promise in dealing with the dryness and itchiness associated with dermatitis and eczema.
So yes, to recap. Ceramides are perfect for negotiating that no woman’s land between battling post-pubertal blemishes and warding off postmenopausal wrinkles. Bottomline: They’re great for quenching the thirst of your dessicated dermis – which makes it excellent in eye creams – and are superb at zapping zits and squelching shine, too.
So, where can we get our paws on the good stuff? Glad you asked. Click through the gallery slides of my personal pick of #DieDieMustBuy lotions and potions containing ceramide – and do me a favour by bookmarking this story for easy reference. Sending all of you good skin vibes!
Want more? Check out all the hot hacks you need to nail the snow-white skin of starlets like the awesome Angelababy, plus all the tricks you need at your fingertips to maintain the gloss and gleam of your nails. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- Astalift Renewal Jelly Aquarysta
- Astalift White Essence Infilt
- beauty benefits of ceramide
- By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm
- ceramide eye cream
- ceramide moisturiser
- ceramide serum
- ceramides for sensitive skin
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Liquid
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Overnight Firming Mask
- For Beloved One Anti-Aging Ceramide Squalane Bio-Cellulose Mask
- For Beloved One Anti-Aging Ceramide Squalane Serum
- It Cosmetics Hello Light Anti-Aging Luminizing Creme Stick
- June Jacobs Revitalizing Eye Gel
- Leaders Insolution Amino Moisture Mask
- Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel
- net-a-porter beauty
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive Anti-aging Cellular Eye Creme
- Ren Flash Hydro-Boost Instant Plumping Emulsion
- Sephora Singapore
- Shu Uemura Skin Perfector
- Skin Inc Ceramide Serum