Ever thought of getting a facial steamer? Wait, face steamer? Yes, the one that your facialist uses on you before your facial begins to “open up your pores, soften the dead skin cells, and help the skin absorb the skincare ingredients.
Sounds familiar yet? That’s a line most facialists will recite to you as the steaming machine whirs in the background and your nostrils start getting clogged with water. And surely, if the facialists all opt for a nice, hot, facial steam before they begin working on your skin, then it’s surely something good for you, right?
Here, the benefits of facial steaming, and five portable bring-home facial steamers that you can easily buy and use at home:
There are several commonly acknowledged benefits of facial steaming, such as:
- Better Cleansing: Steaming loosens the dirt, makeup, product residual particles that are lodged in your skin, so it’ll be easier for you to remove them afterwards
- Improved Blood Circulation: This one is pretty self explanatory, the increase in temperature around your face will cause your blood capillaries to dilate and improve blood flow
- Hydration: Of course, the steam will deeply moisturise the skin, refreshing any dry and dull skin (especially if you work and sleep in air conditioned rooms!)
- Better Absorption: Steaming improves the absorption of the skincare products and ingredients that you pile on afterwards
- Calming; And, of course if you enjoy the sauna and steam room, you’ll know the immense calming effect that steaming has on your mind – the sound, the warmth, and the few minutes of me-time works wonders
- Sinus: If you (or your family members) frequently experience blocked nose or sinus, a good steam is known to open up and clear the airways, too