Yup, it’s that time of the year again – your letter opener (and poor PA) must be working overtime, slitting apart envelopes enclosing gilded invites to the biggest bashes of 2016.
If you’re fretting over pairing your puckers to your polish for the parties you’re attending, it can seem tempting to default to a burgundy for both lips and nails. Safe, conventional Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ and pretty boring, I’m afraid.
Try this instead: I’m giving us the green light to brandish (literal) green thumbs. Here’s why I think green nails are great for this season of carousing and champagne clinking. Sure, a Jessica Rabbit red will really pop on your feet – and play up the soles of your Loubies – but a glazed green gloss on your fingertips just feels so sexy, sumptuous and surprisingly fresh.
Even better, the right shade of emerald enamel will simulate the gleam of the jewels themselves – meaning you could conceivably do away with cumbersome bling rings and let your own nails do the talking.
Not enthusiastic about emerald? Green nails don’t even have to be well, as green as grass. For an edgy youthful spin, try a khaki-tinged brown instead – more camo-cool than conservative and fuddy-duddy.
Some final polish pointers? Dispense with the #NailArt embellishments and use a single solid hue – less mess, less stress – and keep your nail bed neatly trimmed and nicely rounded. Green is most definitely not the shade for a “stiletto” silhouette – you’ll run the risk of looking like a witchy extra from “Wicked”. Other than that, it’s all systems go.
Click through the gallery slides above for a sumptuous selection of lush liquid lacquers laced with a seafoam shine and gorgeous glide, and have fun blinding your fellow party goers with your bejewelled set of talons!
Want more? Check out my personal pick of the most luxuriously lightweight lotions that work like a dream under makeup for protection against the aggressive assaults of our clammy climate, as well as this ingenious pore-shrinking and face-slimming trick that’ll give you virtually instant Insta-ready skin. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- backstage beauty runway trends
- best green nail polish brands
- Burberry Beauty Nail Polish in Metallic Khaki No. 202
- Butter London Patent Shine 10x Lacquer in British Khaki
- Ciate London Paint Pots in Glametal
- Deborah Lippmann MermaidÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Dream
- diy manicure
- fall autumn makeup trends
- green nail polish trend
- manicure nail polish trends
- Nails Inc NailKale Nail Polish in Bruton Mews
- Nars Nail Polish in Mash
- NCLA Santa Monica Shore Thing
- party makeup
- Sephora Collection Color Hit Nail Polish in L153
- Sephora Singapore
- The Body Shop Colour Crush Nail Colour in 510 The Body Shop Green
- the little nonya singpaore
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer in 36 Vert DÃ¢â‚¬â„¢orient