Scaly skin sufferers, got a minute to spare? Then say annyeonghaseyo to the sexy “wet” skin sported by just about every K-Drama starlet in Seoul.
It’s incredible how ingenious the Koreans are, really. Tip of my hat to a (publicity-shy) Korean pal of mine for divulging one of the best beauty hacks ever.
Here’s her secret: Express DIY masks first thing in the morning. Grab three or four pieces of your finest cotton pads and douse them in your go-to toner or softening lotion.
Sidebar: I suggest sticking your skincare in the fridge; this neat storage trick makes them go the extra mile and is especially handy for cooling ruddy complexions.
In any case, when the cotton pads are wet all the way through, slap them on your face – but only on select areas: One across the forehead, one for each side of your cheeks, and one you press into place across your nose bridge. Twiddle your thumbs for one minute, then take the pads off. Pat in any excess product and proceed with the rest of your regimen.
Now, there’s method to this madness (and you will look mad with those white cotton sheets mummifying your mien!) Notice how said areas of the face are also the very same spots where most of us tend to get dry, itchy patches?
By bumping up the plumpness of the cheeks with a skin-soothing toner, you’re giving your makeup a highlighting head start. The moisture will also imbue your mien with a subtle inner sheen that’s very intriguing; my Korean industry insider says that this speedy spot treatment is the secret to the beguilingly bare dewiness so coveted in today’s K-Obsessed world.
Well, now you know. Click through my personal pick of the top toners on the market right now, and share this story with your beauty buddies. Oh, and be sure to try it out yourself, pronto. Your skin can thank me later!
Want more? Check out how to nail the snow-white skin of starlets like the awesome Angelababy, plus all the tricks you need at your fingertips to maintain the gloss and gleam of your nails. Get your daily dose of beauty at www.herworldplus.com/beauty.
- beauty tips and tricks
- best brightening toners for dull skin
- best toners for all skin types
- Caudalie Moisturizing Toner
- Crabtree & Evelyn Damask Rose Purifying Toning Lotion
- Dior One Essential Mist-Lotion
- Dr Gl Toner Lightening
- Dr.Ci:Labo VC100 Essence Lotion
- Estelle & Thild Biocleanse Facial Toner
- For Beloved One Mandelic Acid Renewal Toner
- For Beloved One Melasleep Brightening Daily Defence Cream review
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Facial Toner
- how to wear red to work
- IDS Purifying Toner
- It Cosmetics Hello Light Anti-Aging Luminizing Creme Stick
- Korean beauty tips
- Natura Bisse Diamond White Clarity Toning Lotion
- Origins Ginzing Energy-boosting Treatment Lotion Mist
- Porcelain Revive Glycolic Toner
- Ren Clarifying Toning Lotion
- Sephora Singapore
- Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Oil In Lotion