Just because you can’t head to a nail salon right now doesn’t mean you should neglect your hands, feet and nails. Plus, the excessive hand washing you’ve been doing – still the most reliable way to protect yourself and your family from the Covid-19 virus – can also strip skin of its natural oils and leave it dry. Here’s what you can do:
1. Exfoliate hands and feet.
2. Nourish skin
This is important, especially for the hands, as the skin there is thinner than the rest of the body. It’s also one of the first places to show signs of ageing. Plus, if the skin on your hands and feet are extremely dry, it could develop micro cracks that allow germs in, making you unwell.
3. Keep nails healthy
Did you know that massaging cuticle oil on your cuticles and nails every day can improve blood flow to the nail matrix (the root), which makes your nails strong and healthy? If you tend to forget, keep the bottle by your WFH work desk or at your bedside as a nightly reminder.
Seven treats to get your hands, feet and nails looking great, when you’re stuck at home:
- Aesop Redemption Body Scrub
- Cure Program Leg Spa Leg Mask Pack
- Drunk Elephant
- Drunk Elephant Sili Body Lotion
- french girl
- French Girl Organics Nail & Cuticle Oil
- Starskin The Gold Mask Hand - Revitalizing Hand Mask
- stay home
- Thann Aromatic Wood Hand Lotion
- the body shop
- The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream
- work from home