At this year's Asia's 50 Best Restaurant awards, Restaurant Andre in Singapore has landed fifth place in the list.
Deemed as one of "10 Restaurants Worth a Plane Ride" by The New York Times, Restaurant Andre is helmed by Singapore-based chef Andre Chiang (left), who has received accolades from international magazines including the title of "One of the World's Best Young Chefs" by Wallpaper magazine.
The Asia's 50 Best Restaurant winners were announced at a gala event at the Marina Bay Sands on February 25, where the culinary elite gathered to hear where their restaurant fell on the list.
An offshoot of the UK-based listing, the World’s 50 Best Restaurants, this Asian edition covered 25 countries and regions, with Singapore restaurants Iggy's, Waku Ghin and Les Amis also named in the top 20, placing ninth, 11th and 14th respectively.
This year's top honour went to Tokyo restaurant Narisawa, which took the top title of best restaurant in Asia.
Here are the top 20 restaurants in Asia according to Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants awards:
1. Narisawa - Tokyo, Japan
2. Nihonryori Ryugin - Tokyo, Japan
3. Nahm - Bangkok, Thailand
4. Amber - Hong Kong
5. Restaurant Andre - Singapore
6. 81/2 Otto E Mezzo Bombana - Hong Kong
7. Mr and Mrs Bond - Shanghai, China
8. Ultra Violet - Shanghai, China
9. Iggy’s - Singapore
10. Gaggan - Bangkok, Thailand
11. Waku Ghin - Singapore
12. Caprice - Hong Kong
13. Lung King Keen - Hong Kong
14. Les Amis - Singapore
15. Bo Innovation - Hong Kong
16. Quintessence - Tokyo, Japan
17. Dum Pukht - New Delhi, India
18. The Chairman - Hong Kong
19. Eat Me - Bangkok, Thailand
20. Wasabi by Morimoto - Mumbai, India
For the full results, visit http://worlds50best.asia.