There are always ‘it’ phone covers being flashed around, from last year’s parody of Chanel’s Coco Noir perfume bottle to this season’s floating glitter pieces mesmerising many a girl around the world (see below if you don’t know what we’re talking about). Back in London, where I hail from, my black Chanel case was definitely a talking point. I often had strangers coming up to ask me what it was, guesses ranged from a radio to a spycam! In fact, my cover was so coveted that eventually a lovely local pickpocket decided it was his for the taking… Sigh!
When it comes to global phone cover trends, most of them start in Asia before becoming viral via Instagram. Proud to be world leaders when it comes to being at the forefront of the fashionista phone game, we’re bringing you the latest #trending pieces to encase your extra limb in style!
1. Comme des F*ckdown streetwear parody of Comme des Garçons, $39 available for iPhone 6 only from Tangs Plaza, ante at #01-457A Suntec City Mall and Inhabit the Other Store
2. Glitter waterfall ‘falling stars’ phone case, available for iPhone and Samsung Note, various prices at online outlets and any Singapore phone cover stall!
3. Calling all bling lovers! The ombre trend has finally filtered down to our phones. Marc by Marc Jacobs, 3D foil-effect plastic Marc Jacobs iPhone 6 case, $62 from Net-A-Porter
4. This handy statement case also doubles up as a portable charger for your phone, so you’re never out of juice! Mophie Product RED range, approximately $140 for iPhone 6 size, available here for iPhone 4- 6, 5% of the net profits of every RED special edition product will be contributed to the Global Fund to help eliminate AIDS
5. Following on from last year’s Coco Noir parfum bottle trend, Berlin-based brand Iphoria are making fashion-forward tech accessories that we’re head over heels for. Plastic Parfum iPhone 6 case, $50 from ShopBop
6. Glossy finish plastic nail polish graphic case for iPhone 6, $50 from Shopbop
7. Taking the hipster marble phone case trend to new levels, Native Union have made the world’s first actual marble mobile cover! For those who will only accept the real deal and nothing less. CLIC genuine marble phone case, $118 available from Nativeunion.com
8. And the on-a-budget version: Marble print recycled plastic case for various models, $27.43 from Etsy
9. Elaphe snakeskin iPhone 6 case, $195 by The Case Factory from Net-A-Porter
10. Novelty liquid waterfall phone cases are having a moment, these floating duck aquarium cases can be seen everywhere in Singapore! Available from many phone accessory stalls and online, bargain for the best price… WATCH the case in action, click the image to play the video below:
Fancy letting your creative juices flow? Why not use our tips on creating the ultimate one-of-a-kind accessory by designing your own phone case?!