Take it from a pro: You need just a minimum of five workwear basics to mix and match with all your office outfits, according to Banana Republic’s creative director Marissa Webb.
Banana Republic Creative Director Marissa Webb. Image: Banana Republic
Webb is known for the effortless boy-meets-girl chic that she has brought to the American fashion brand, as seen in her first Banana Republic Summer collection this season. Now in stores, the Banana Republic Summer 2015 line features numerous travel and work-friendly pieces in softly worn fabrics.
“Whatever your journey might be – we have designed a collection of easy getaway pieces that are full of details and versatility for your busy life,” explains Webb.
Read on, to find out what she has to say about acing effortless style for the office and other handy tips for workwear shopping.
Here are the five ‘OL’ (office lady) must-haves according to Marissa Webb …
Outerwear can change your office outfit instantly
– like with these looks from Banana Republic Summer 2015
1. Strong outerwear, be it a vest or a structured utility jacket that you can layer onto your office outfits.
2. A polished everyday bag, to store all your daily essentials. This is the item to splurge on, since you’ll be using it practically everyday; get one that you’ll feel as comfortable with bringing to a business meeting and on a regular basis.
3. The perfect black blazer for that impromptu business meeting — it’ll sharpen your look instantly.
4. A pair of comfortable and chic heels because you shouldn’t have to suffer for fashion, while you’re at work.
Flat shoes for effortless office chic from Banana Republic Summer 2015
5. Stylish flats for days when you need to be out and about to run your errands.
The Banana Republic Summer 2015 line is now available at Paragon Shopping Centre, #02-06/07 and The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, #B2-103.