One thing that I love about Singapore’s tropical climate ‒ we get to wear cute summer trends all year round. Exposed midriffs have been trending for several seasons now and they are set to run right into this spring too!
I am sure many of you already own crop tops and usually wear them during the weekend, but you should maximize the mileage of your crop tops by wearing them to the office too!
Here’s how you can do it.
1. GO HIGH-WAISTED
Compensate the short length of your crop top with a high waisted bottom so that only a coy glimpse of skin is displayed. The key here is to add allure, and not pull a Rihanna.
1. Wrapped crop top, $31 from Mango; 2. Keira laser cut heeled sandals, $1224 from Sophia Webster; 3. Cube Bucket Bag, $538 from Christopher Kon; 4. Jerrie Rose Rubber Stud Earrings, $55.76 from Marc by marc Jacobs; 5. Pleated PU Leather Skirt, $129 from Topshop
2. COVER YOUR LEGS
To avoid looking skanky and trashy, it’s best to go for a full leg. Culottes, midi skirts, slim cut pants ‒ take your pick! Personally I love the idea of matching the crop top with a figure flattering pencil skirt, like how Victoria Beckham does it. Super chic.
1. Shelly Crop Top, $34 from Forever New; 2. Vegas Jewels Multi Strand Necklace, $435 from kate Spade; 3. Quereda Mules, $245 from Schutz; 4. Small ‘Sac de Jour’ Tote, $3530 from Saint Laurent; 5. Geo Block Pencil Skirt, $69 from Miss Selfridge
3. LAYER IT
With crop tops, it’s all about playing with separates. Layer them over longer tops or even over a slim silhouette dress! Remember to do it with styles that are minimal in finishes and shapes to avoid looking chunky.
1. Ripstop Poplin Short Sleeve Cropped Shirt, $380 from T by Alexander Wang; 2. Printed Cotton Bustier Top, $258 from Isolda; 3. Gemini2 Suede Court Shoes, $96.90 from Topshop; 4. PS1 Medium Studded Leather Bag, $3040 from Proenza Schouler 5. Ulta Mini Freshwater Cultured Pearl Titan Ring, $497 from Vita Fede
4. ADD SOME SLEEVES
1. Ombre paint Crop Sweater, $93 from Olive + Oak; 2. Brilliance Pave Bar Slider Bracelet, $130 from Michael Kors; 3. Suede Lily Bag, price unavailable from Mulberry; 4. Skye Grosgrain Wedge Sandals, price unavailable from Sperry; 5. Gold Lion Stud Earrings, $155 from Versus; 6. Pleated Wide Leg Trouser, $87.43 from Mango
5. GO MATCHY-MATCHY
Matching separates are really easy to wear (it’s like a suit only more fashionable) and gives the illusion that you are wearing a dress, deflecting the midriff attention for those of you who are still a little shy!
1. Mint Organza Matching Separates, from Pixie Market; 2. Silver Neon Mini Sequin Clutch, $1755 from Shorouk, 3. Gorjana Taner Bar Mini Triple Layer Necklace, $150 from Revolve Clothing;4. Cuff Bangle, $9 from H&M ; 5. Ankle Boots, $1,200 from Gianvito Rossi
- business attire for women
- crop top
- dress for work
- dresses for work
- fashion work dresses
- how to wear crop tops to work
- ladies office wear
- ladies work dresses
- office wear
- online shopping
- online shopping singapore
- shopping in singapore
- singapore shopping
- what to buy
- what to wear to work
- where to buy clothes for work
- work dress
- work dresses
- work dresses online
- work wear
- workwear online