Christian Dior once said, “You can wear black at any time. You can wear it at any age. You may wear it for almost any occasion.” I cannot agree more.
I love the colour black. And that’s probably an understatement. This inky hue has dominated my wardrobe ever since I was … twelve? This classic shade is so versatile, it makes pairing options basically limitless. To top it off, it is also terribly easy to maintain!
However, even though black bags are known to be the go-to standard for many ladies, I have gotten feedback that most of them go with black only because they feel like they will gain more mileage out of it. (read: harder to get dirty, easier to match) If given a choice, they would rather go with fancier colours like pink or yellow.
For all the colour wearers of the world who finds it a struggle to wear black, I have rounded up 13 gorgeous black bags that are anything-but-boring.
1. Smooth calfskin and suede bag, $3440 from Gucci
2. Balenciaga calf leather embossed tote, $3085 from mytheresa
3. Calfskin top handle bag, $2860 from Valentino
4. Calfskin bag in small size, $3190 from Loewe
5. Elizabeth & James croc effect calfskin backpack, $992 from Net-A-Porter
6. Suede fringe bucket bag in mini size, $3095 from Burberry
7. Salvatore Ferragamo calfskin bag, $2605 from mytheresa
8. Chloé smooth calfskin crossbody bag, $2900 from Matchesfashion
9. Patent leather quilted bag, $930 from Tory Burch
10. Marc jacobs calfskin tote, $1027 from The Outnet
11. Lautem calfskin bag, $970 from Sheshops
12. Fabric crossbody bag, $2750 from Proenza Schouler
13. Croc effect top handle bag in large size, $800 from Diane von Furstenberg
Now that you’ve gotten your ideal work bags, check out the 7 stylish outfits that every working women should have!