Singaporeans love their flip flops, and it’s easy to see why. We’re in the thick of a sweltering summer season all year round, so it’s hard to find a suitable pair of covered shoes that don’t leave your feet sweaty and uncomfortable by the end of the day. However, considering the decidedly un-fashionable reputation that this type of footwear has, it’s a mean challenge to find versions that are stylish and chic.
But, here’s the good news — gone are the days where flip flops were restricted to standard rubber versions that Aunties wear. In recent seasons, designers have been introducing a fresh crop of styles that are tres chic, comfortable and even glamourous!
Here are 12 pairs that we know you will love.
1. Thora Sandals in metallic snake skin, $230 from Tory Burch
2. Miller leather sandals, $305 from Tory Burch
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Mare Thong Sandals, $490 from Shopbop
4. Rene Caovilla Swarovski crystal-embellished sandals, $1,533 from Net-A-Porter
5. Isabel Marant Alexia leather sandals, $441 from mytheresa
6. Valia gabriel Cabarete braided leather sandals, $185 from Net-A-porter
7. Horsebit-detailed leather sandals, $630 from Gucci
8. Gold detail sandals, $46.90 from Charles & Keith
9. Metal toe ring flats, $46.90 from Charles & Keith
10. Valentino PVC Lace Flip-Flop Sandal, $423 from Neiman Marcus
11. Aileron + Gareth Pugh Flip Flops, $100 from Melissa
12. Pollen special II flip flops, $99 from Melissa
Can’t get enough of shoes? Check out these 7 super cool sneakers that are under $200 and 7 shoes that stylish travellers always pack in their luggage.