Photo: fionafussi / Instagram
How to look your most polished and sophisticated self at work is tough when you’ve got to do it EVERY single day, right? Well, not really, if you know how to play the game.
We make life a little easier for you by giving you a few tips HOW to dress your best and make the best impression – every day, all day.
Know your personal style, be comfortable
Allow yourself some breathing room by identifying your own personal style, and incorporate that into your work life.
1. You can make a statement with minimalist pieces, separates and accessories that can be mixed and matched easily.
2. Maximalist prints can be office-appropriate with the right material and classic silhouette.
Wear colours that complement your complexion and hair colour
Photo: ireneisgood, tabithanauser / Instagram
1. Cool tones are great if you’re fair-skinned and have light hair.
2. If you’ve got an awesome tan or blonde hair, try warm colours like red, yellow and green.
Play to your shape
1. Show off your arms — A sleeveless top with a romantic ruffled collar will easily take you from boardroom to date night.
2. Show off your waist — High-waisted pants highlight your waist and make your legs appear super-long.
3. Show off your legs — A masculine, double-breasted blazer-inspired dress is forever classic, chic and sexy.
Have a uniform of high-quality basics
1. A silk blouse is a timeless piece where quality doesn’t cost the earth. Wear it with a pencil skirt or high-waisted pants and you’re good to go.
2. A cosy cashmere knit is ideal for days in the office when you spend hours in air-conditioning.
3. A wool blazer that sits just below the hip is the most flattering. Be sure to not have sleeves that are too long. Having a slightly nipped waist makes you look sharp and smart.
Have a signature beauty look
Photo: urbandecaycosmetics, bobbibrown / Instagram
1. Strong, defined eyes hypnotise. Establishing eye contact is one of the first ways to show you are confident and trustworthy.
2. The power of a red lip is not to be underestimated.