Carry a large tote, which should fit your clothes and all the miscellaneous stuff like books, chargers and cream (bagged in Ziploc, of course.) Here’s what to pack:
• A pair of black jeans. It’s simple, classic, doubles as black pants and can be dressed up or down.
• A pair of loafers. Get one from Tod’s; it makes casual clothes look smart.
• A blazer, which you can wear during your flight.
• A cashmere shawl, which becomes a luxurious blanket on the plane.
• Two fitted shirts. Think Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.
• One pencil skirt, to pair with the shirts, in khaki or black – even better if the latter is in satin cotton so that it can be worn at night.
• A pair of high heels in exotic skin. Wear sandals or ballet flats on board.
• One turtleneck.
• One LBD, in a crumple-free fabric likesilk jersey or lace.