Those not lucky enough to have tried SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence might not be familiar with the story behind what's come to be affectionately known as 'Miracle Water':
- Wrinkled face, wrinkled hands? It wasn't the case for the elderly workers at a sake brewery in Japan whose hands were extraordinarily soft and youthful. Scientists discovered this was due to the constant contact with the yeast fermentation process (which produces sake) where Pitera naturally occurs. They isolated this miracle ingredient and it's now in all SK-II products.
- Pitera is made up of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids. It stimulates the skin's natural renewal cycle, helping to reveal crystal clear skin.
- Facial Treatment Essence contains 90% Pitera, making it truly the essence of the brand itself.
Here are more interesting facts and figures for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence:
- The 'SK' in SK-II stands for Secret Key, with Pitera being the secret key to clear skin.
- The birthday of SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence? 21 December 1980, making it 30 years old this year. This was celebrated in Singapore with a Timeless Miracles exhibition, with 30 celebrities, brand ambassadors and passionate advocates contributing items that they thought embodied timelessness - including the first-ever Her World Magazine cover.
- Its formula has remain unchanged since it was created.
- More than 20 million bottles of Facial Treatment Essence have been sold and a bottle is sold every 22 seconds.
- In 1994, SK-II launched the Crystal Club – a close community of women throughout the world bound by their usage of SK-II. Today, there are over 1,320,000 loyal users all over the world. To join the club, just purchase any SK-II product and fill in a membership form - membership is for a lifetime and will be renewed automatically each year as long as you purchase any SK-II product during that time.
- SK-II ambassadors - Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett, Asian artiste Lee Sinje (left), Japanese director and actress Kaori Momoi and Hong Kong model/actress Qiqi were all loyal users of the brand and Facial Treatment Essence before they became the faces for SK-II. They have 45 years of experience of using SK-II between them!
- The Facial Treatment Essence can be used from your 20s, 30s to beyond. By balancing skin's sebum secretion, it helps keep skin shine-free in your 20s. When pigmentation becomes a problem in your 30s, it evens out your skintone, while preserving youth and radiance when you're in your 40s.
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is available in the following sizes: 75ml ($96), 150ml ($168) and 215ml ($209) and at all SK-II counters.