Have you been neglecting the delicate skin on your hands and feet? Are they dry and rough? Then you’ll love these tips from Pearlyn Tham, Her World Magazine’s Fashion & Beauty Editor and Tricia from Crabtree & Evelyn, who were recently at ‘Beauty Picks and Dessert Treats’, a sharing session with readers and partnered with Centrepoint Shopping Centre, Haagen Dazs and Crabtree & Evelyn.
Skincare tips for your hands:
- Always put sunblock on your hands if you don’t want freckles.
- If you’re worried about fine lines, don’t forget anti-aging hand cream (try Crabtree & Evelyn’s La Source Hand Therapy, $33) and to put on gloves to seal in the moisture.
- After you’re done applying moisturiser to your face, spread the remaining amount on your hands – the skin there needs hydration too.
- Proper nail care helps your nails grow better, so if your fingernails break easily, apply a cuticle oil to your nails every day. Increasing your calcium intake through dairy products and supplements can help too.
- To all compulsive hand-washers: You might not be able to kick the habit but remember to use a moisturising hand wash so that your skin doesn’t start peeling!
Skincare tips for your feet:
- If you have rough skin on your legs, try a moisturising shower gel – this will help soften your skin even if you don’t use a body moisturiser.
- If you walk a lot and suffer from pain in your legs and feet, try a tension-relieving soak like Crabtree & Evelyn’s La Source Revitalising Mineral Muscle Soak ($48) to relax.
- Follow these 4 basic steps for soft skin: First, soak your feet. Then, polish with an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin (Pearlyn’s trick: use 2 tablespoons of sugar!). Nourish with a moisturiser. Finally, protect your nails with a product made specifically for them and the cuticles.