Bold looks such as striking red lips, daring lashes and vivid eyes have been making their way from the fashion runway to the make-up trends this season.
These looks all need a good and clean base for the face. Multiple brands, both Western and Asian, have been releasing new foundations to do that.
From compacts to liquid foundations, make-up fans are spoilt for choice. Many Western labels have also jumped on the cushion compact bandwagon made popular by multiple Korean cosmetic brands.
With temperatures rising in Singapore recently, foundations which include sun protection are also a plus.
1. Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation, $74, from Shiseido, available at Shiseido counters
This liquid foundation has a creamy yet light texture that glides on skin without leaving it sticky. The foundation blends smoothly, is longlasting and gives good coverage with a natural look.
2. Blanc Expert Cushion Compact High Coverage SPF50+/PA+++, $55 for single refill, $68 for duo refill, $20 for case, from Lancome, available at Lancome counters
This cushion compact uses a multi- fibre cushion which holds the product better than traditional porous sponges. The label says this allows for a more complex formula which gives better coverage.
3. True Match Genius 4-in-1 Compact Foundation, $32.90, from L’Oreal, available at L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics counters
A creamy compact that has a mousse-like texture when applied to skin. This easy-to-blend foundation finishes like a powder, giving skin a smooth matte look.
4. Le Teint Ultra Tenue, $94, from Chanel, available at Chanel counters from April 15
This compact and lightweight foundation with a silky powder texturegives skin coverage with a matte finish.
5. Blanc: Chroma Brightening UV Cushion Foundation SPF50+/ PA+++, $55 for refill, $20 for case and sponge, from Shu Uemura, available at Shu Uemura counters
The Japanese label’s first liquid-in- compact foundation contains a nylon powder which it says helps to conceal pores.
6. Double Wear Cushion BB All Day Wear Liquid Compact, $68 for case and refill, $50 for refill, from Estee Lauder, available at the Estee Lauder boutique in Ion Orchard from April 1.
A long-lasting foundation that contains cold water kelp extract, which the brand says is a natural sebum absorber, helping to balance skin’s natural oil production and control shine.
A version of this story was originally published in The Straits Times on March 24, 2016. For more stories like this, head to www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle.