Your ultimate guide to easy contouring for Asian face shapes – all under 5 minutes!
Shape and sculpt your way to a slimmer face and nose – sans plastic surgery! – with just a swipe of Maybelline’s magic makeup trio, the new V-Face Duo Stick, Powder and Blush Contour that are also incredibly intuitive to use to boot
by herworldPLUS.com /
November 1, 2016
Want the slim and slender V-shaped visage so coveted in today’s K-Beauty-obsessed world? This contour stick and powder will be your new best friends.
Of course, we’re not talking contouring of the “wayang performer” variety. All you need is the subtlest of shading and highlighting on the cheekbones, chin and just a smidgen down your nose.
Best of all, it’s quick and easy – you’ll be in and out of the house in less than five minutes, max. Smartphone timer, at the ready? Let’s go!
Step 1: Contour and highlight
To add depth and dimension to your face, select the darker shade from your V-Face Duo Stick. Swipe it along the edge of your hairline to minimise a large forehead; along the hollows of your cheeks to play up your cheekbones; and along the sides of the nose and jawline to “shave” them down. Blend lightly with clean fingers or a brush.
Get your glow on by applying the lighter shade along your nose bridge to make it appear sharper, as well as along the highest plane of your cheekbones and a little on your chin. The glimmering effect as light falls on the highlighted areas will fend off signs of fatigue, as well as lend a lifted and “energised” effect.
Step 2: Set with powder
Set your perfectly shaded and highlighted face with the complementary V-Face Duo Powder for extra budge-proof power.
Step 3. Add blusher
Finish your flawless face with the V-Face Blush Contour, which boasts the same dark and light hues plus a beautifully blendable blusher which you can buff into your cheekbones for a flirty feminine flush.
And you’re done! It’s that simple – and that quick.
CUSTOM CONTOURING FOR YOUR FACE SHAPE
Contouring and highlighting for a round face
1. Use the darker shade in your V-Face Duo Powder to create shadows at the sides of the temples, below the cheekbones and along the sides of the jaws. This will reduce the width of the face.
2. Use the lighter shade to highlight the centre of the forehead above the brows, nose bridge, lower eyelids, above the cupid’s bow and chin to create the illusion of sharper features.
3. Apply the V-Face Blush Contour by blending upwards from apples of the cheeks towards the temples to direct attention upwards for a lifted effect.
Contouring and highlighting for a square face
1. Use the darker shade in your V-Face Duo Powder to contour the sides of the temples and along the sides of the jaws to reduce the width of the face.
2. Use the lighter shade to highlight the centre of the forehead above the brows, nose bridge, cheekbones, above the cupid’s bow and the centre of your chin, directly below the lower lips.
3. Apply the V-Face Blush Contour on the cheeks between the shaded and highlighted areas. Buff and blend well so that there are no harsh edges for a soft and fresh look.
Contouring and highlighting for a heart-shaped face
1. Use the darker shade in your V-Face Duo Powder to contour the sides of the temples. Use a light hand to shade in the area below the cheekbones.
2. Use the lighter shade to highlight the centre of the forehead above the brows, as well as along the nose bridge.
3. Angling your brush horizontally, apply the V-Face Blush Contour starting from the temple, making your way down to the cheeks. This will create a lifting effect.
More of a visual person?
Watch and learn by clicking play on the video below. Enjoy!
Maybelline V-Face Duo Stick, $19.90, in two shades, V-Face Duo Powder, $21.90, in two shades, and V-Face Blush Contour, $14.90, in four shades, are available at all leading Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, selected department stores and major supermarkets.
Find out more at www.maybelline.com.sg/face/contour-and-highlight
Brought to you by Maybelline New York, in partnership with Salon Vim