Seen on the Autumn/Winter runways of Emporio Armani, Vanessa Seward, Monique Lhuillier and Paskal, the raspberry colour has a neutral undertone, which means it’s universally flattering for all skin tones. It’s also appropriate for every occasion. And from matte to cream to glossy – we’ve picked these to suit your every preference.
Modern and matte
Every woman in this day and age should have one of these – a matte lipstick. Popularised by Kylie Jenner, many beauty brands have jumped on the bandwagon and introduced their own line of matte lippies. Here are five to try.
1. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Miss Argentina, $31
2. Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Give It Up, $40
3. Burberry Beauty Liquid Lip Velvet in #33 Magenta, $46
4. Dior Rouge Dior Liquid in #788 Frenetic Satin, $50
5. Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Sculpting Lipstick in #211 Aloof, $50
ALSO READ: 12 LIQUID FOUNDATIONS THAT LAST ALL DAY
Add a touch of gloss
Dab on one with a glossy finish in the middle of your lips and blend outwards for a devil-may-care look. It’s more forgiving on dry lips because it masks the appearance of fine lines. Here are two of the best we’ve tried.
6. Chanel Le Rouge Crayon de Couleur in #6 Framboise, $50
7. Etude House Lip Rich Vivid Tint in PP501, $20.90
Easy-to-wear cream finish
If you find matte too drying, and glossy lips too over-the-top, the cream finish is the perfect in-between you should go for. These three are super easy to apply and keep your lips moisturised too.
8. Mamonde True Color Lip Stick in #6 Miracle Pink, $24
9. Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in #368 Rose Lancome (Cream), $46
10. Laneige Two Tone Lip Bar in #12 Maxi Red, $34
This story was originally published in the October 2017 issue of Her World magazine.