It’s your first date with your new man, and you want to look fresh, fun and flirty. Balance the “cutesiness” of candy eye colours by contrasting them with dark eyeliner and generous coats of mascara, says makeup artist Peter Khor. The bright shades on your eyelids then become a pretty backdrop for dark lashes.
1. Fill in lids with a dark shade like violet or dark green, up until the crease. Use pastel shadows over the rest of your socket, stopping under your brow bone.
2. Finish up with a nude or light shimmery shadow on brow bones to create highlights.
3. Keep lipstick colours sheer.
Forget the dark, wine-coloured lippy.
1. Opt for soft shades of sheer red, raspberry or orangey-red to warm up the face, says Peter.
2. Keep eye makeup simple – all you need is a sweep of sheer eyeshadow over the entire lid.
3. lush should be a soft coral or pale pink so that it doesn’t compete with your lip colour. You can also dust some highlighting powder onto cheekbones for a subtle glow.
4. To soften the look of red lips, skip the lip liner. Use your finger to blend the colour for a more
Smoky eyes are perfect for that come-hither look on a hot date. What works now are dark frosty eyeshadows, Peter says. His tips:
1. Use a softer shadow like pink or beige to blend the edges of the dark shade over and above the lid. This way, you don’t get a stark band of colour.
2. For more intense colour, use a wet sponge tip instead of a brush to press the shadow onto lids, stopping above the crease. Then apply the same colour to line under your eyes.
3. Keep lip colour minimal – just a slick of gloss, sheer lipstick or even a balm will do.
4. Too much frost on eyes can make them look swollen. Apply mascara on upper and lower lashes for better definition.