For us beauty observers who were more interested in what was going on eye and lip-wise on the runways, Christopher Bailey’s show was a sugary treat.
Streaming the Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014 show was, as a friend memorably put it, like delving into a giant box of Ladurée macarons – the candied models looked sweet enough to eat.
Lead makeup artist Wendy Rowe and her team were clearly in their element at London’s Hyde Park.
Rowe’s deft hands transformed Cara Delevingne, bushy brows and all, into a vision of demure femininity – all the better to play up the gasp-worthy intricacy of the petal leather appliqués and macramé lace of the clothes.
The romantic, classically beautiful look of the models – think Lily Cole or Titanic-era Kate Winslet – is easily translated into real life.
Here’s how to look ready for your English tea party:
1. Apply a sheer, matte veil of salmon shadow on the centre of your lids, then blend outwards to simulate the sensuous, velvety texture of rose petals.
2. Rowe used Burberry Beauty’s Complete Eye Palette in Rose Pink No.10 and Tea Rose No.11. Not a smidgen of mascara was used for the show, but we reckon a quick wiggle of your wand on your upper lashes won’t hurt.
Sheer Foundation (left) and Light Glow in Peony Blush 04
3. The face was lightly luminous but not “wet” – use clean warm fingers to blend in Burberry Sheer Foundation, then use a medium-sized brush to swirl on Burberry’s Glow in Peony Blush on the apples of your cheeks as a highlighting accent.
Lip Mist in Pink Heather (left) and Lip Definer in Rosewood
4. Because the eyes are of the essence for this look, keep your lips subtle by using your fingers to dab on Burberry’s lovely sheer Lip Mist in Pink Heather or Trench Kiss.
5. To balance out the relatively nude face, nails were glazed over with gorgeous hues – and selected to match the clutches carried down the runway.
Burberry Nail Polish Spring 2014 collection, in Sage Green
Six evocatively named, limited edition vernis – Pale Grape, Sage Green, Rose Pink, Mink, Pale Yellow, and Dusky Mauve – will be available at Burberry counters come January 2014, but if you can’t wait, they’re available right now on Burberry.com for the next two weeks!
Burberry Nail Polish Spring 2014 collection, in Pale Yellow
- beauty news
- beauty trends
- beauty update
- Burberry Prorsum
- Burberry Sheer Foundation
- cara delevingne
- christopher bailey
- fashion news
- Fashion week
- how to wear makeup
- kate winslet
- Lily Cole
- lip gloss
- lip stick
- london fashion week
- London Fashion Week Spring 2014 beauty trend
- makeup trend
- Spring 2014 makeup trends
- Spring Summer 2014 beauty trends
- Spring-Summer 2014
- Wendy Rowe