Image: Сергей Голенко/123rf
Model Kylie Jenner’s Lip Kit By Kylie lipstick sets may be sold out, but you can still recreate similar looks with rouge from other brands.
What you have to look out for are matte lipsticks and complementary lip pencils. But if completely matte lipsticks are not suitable for you – especially if you have thin lips with deep lines – then go for those with a satin finish. The trick to fuller-looking lips like Jenner’s: Apply lipstick just slightly beyond your natural lip line by outlining it with a lip pencil or lip brush. The television personality also prefers nude and brown-toned shades.
1. Velvetease Lip Pencil, $36, from M.A.C. counters next month
An automatic crayon with a lightweight and matte finish. It is long-lasting too. Go for Frolic, a coral pink-nude; or Just My Type, a fuchsia with red undertones.
2. The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick, $36.90, from Sasa stores
The creamy and pigmented liquid lipstick has a matte finish and is smudgeproof. Try Honest, a milky orange-coral.
3. Bobbi Brown Art Stick, $38 each, from Bobbi Brown counters
A creamy lip crayon with a matte finish. Try Brown Berry, a flattering pink-beige nude that is available only as part of the Holiday Limited Edition set; as well as Electric Pink, a rosy coral pink.
4. Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream, $12.90, from selected Watsons stores
This creamy liquid lipstick goes on matte and is waterproof. It leaves lips a little dry, so layer on some lipstick first. If you like nude colours, try the flesh-toned beige-pink Pa-ree.
5. NudeStix Lip + Cheek Pencil Dual Pencil, $34, from Sephora stores
The lip pencil is creamy upon application, but sets matte and is smudgeproof. Layer with balm for moist ups. Sin is an easy-to-wear rosy pink.
6. Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Rich Lipstick, $70 for refill and $35 for lipstick holder, available at Cle de Peau Beaute counters next month
A moisturising range of lipsticks with a satin-shine texture. The latest ones come in a trio of bright and poppy pink tones.
7. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, $32, from Sephora stores
This range of matte lip pencils will help you to define your lips with precision and help the lip colour to last longer. Fill lips with pencil before layering on a complementary lipstick shade.
8. Dior Lip Glow Liner Line Reviver Pen, $40, available at Dior counters from next month
A moisturising lip pencil that promises to fill lines on the pout while adding a natural rosy tint.
9. M.A.C. Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor, $39, available at M.A.C. counters from next month
A creamy, opaque and long-lasting liquid lipstick with a matte texture.
A version of this story was originally published in The Straits Times on December 24, 2015. For more stories like this, head to www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle.