They’ve been a runway staple for the past few seasons and by the looks of things, ponytails are sticking around.
And if you want to nail next season’s version, it’s time to ditch the slicked back styles that ruled summer in favour of textured, dishevelled ‘dos.
“It’s the hottest hair trend of the new season,” says award winning hairdresser Lee Stafford.
“From minimalist and modern to voluminous and vintage, the celebs such as Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Anniston, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Alba are showing us all how to style up your ponytails.
“The dishevelled ponytail is a great way to achieve a natural, easy and elegant style with ‘can’t do a thing with it’ feel.
“Next season’s ponytail should feel lived-in, not slicked back,” adds Lee.
Fancy trying out the look? Here are Lee’s top tips for creating a beautifully undone ponytail.
1. After washing your hair, apply mousse into the roots of your hair to create added volume.
2. Now use a tousle wand to give some texture. Simply wrap sections of your hair around a curling iron to create different size waves for that ultimate undone look.
3. Continue around the rest of the head and when finished, use your fingers to pull out the curls until you get the look you want.
4. Now backcomb hair at the crown to create volume, then gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and secure loosely with a snag free band, allowing loose hair to fall out from the sides.
5. Once you are happy with the finished look, finish with some Hold Tight Firm Hold hairspray and a spritz of Argan Oil Miracle Shine Spray.