Low-slung buns rocked the runway at Givenchy, Valentino and Versace’s Spring/Summer 13 runway shows.
Some were twisted, others were braided but all of them were a masterclass in super chic understatement.
And the good news is that it’s a runway hair trend that’s super-simple to recreate.
All you need is a hairbrush, a hairdryer and some hair grips.
Fancy giving it a go? Here are session hair stylist Paul Percival’s tips for creating a runway worthy low-slung bun.
1. Firstly, wash your hair and apply a couple of pumps of Percy & Reed No Oil Oil for Thick Hair and comb through from roots to tips. This will make the hair silky, smooth and give lots
2. Comb a golf ball sized amount of volumising mousse through the hair, again from root to tip. The hair is now ready to blow-dry in sections, using a barrel brush to give it lots of volume.
3. Next, section the front of the hair off, leaving it loose and braid your hair at the back of the head and secure with a clear band. Make sure the braid is quite tight as you want the
bun to be small in size. Now roll it back into the nape of the neck and secure with some large geisha pins.
4. Spray the remaining front section with a heat protection spray and use a wand to create a gentle wave in the front sections of the hair.
5. To finish secure with some coloured grips.